Tony Barranco, Vice President, Real Estate Development, Ryan Companies, will present the latest proposal for the Sons of Norway property.
Graphics of the proposed changes were not immediately available.
Below is a written description of the proposed changes to the project.
- Complete removal of 6th floor, reducing the height of the building close to the 56’ R4 allowable height.
- Removal of all mansard roof conditions in lieu of a more simple roof line.
- Reduction to 2 or 3 primary materials in each of the 3 building masses.
- North and south masses are mirror images, with slight change in brick color to give an additional bit of depth and change along Holmes.
- Corner bay windows extend to level 4 only. Level 5 includes a chamfered edge balcony to soften the perception of height at the building corners on 31st.
- Light accent color palette provides additional visual softening at the roof line.
- A reduction in material palette and color. Buildings that flank the round tower have the same white brick and dark metal accents, eliminating 2 materials from the prior design.
- Round tower has been lightened to a combination of buff brick with Kasota stone base. Similar dark metal accents bring a secondary material consistency through the entire building.
The Livability Committee reviews current zoning proposals in the neighborhood and addresses safety, traffic and parking concerns.
Contact Monica Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.